If you own a van for private use, HISL Brokers Limited could provide you with the simple, straightforward cover that you need. If you would like to know more about van insurance, read on to find out how you can protect your vehicle with a policy today.
Your expert Gateway to the Lloyd's and London Market
What is van insurance?
As with any individual vehicle, it is a legal requirement for van owners to insure the vehicle that they own.
A van insurance policy can help to protect you and your vehicle in the event of an accident or damage occurring, offering you total peace of mind.
What van insurance covers
A van insurance policy can cover a variety of personal uses, such as going on holiday, taking part in hobbies and activities (such as surfing,) shopping trips and can also extend to business use.
In addition, you can also choose to cover things like vehicle recovery (in the event of a breakdown or accident), legal feels, driving abroad, replacement locks if your keys are lost or stolen, and damage to your vehicle’s windscreen and windows.
These are just examples of some of the types of van insurance policies that we look after at HISL Brokers Limited. As we know that no two vans are the same, speak to us today to find out which policies will best meet your needs.
Types of van insurance
There are several different types of van insurance cover that you should consider:
- Third party: This is the minimum amount of cover that you should have legally and provides cover for other people if an accident is the fault of the driver of your van. However, it is important to be aware that damage to your own vehicle or driver’s injuries will not be covered.
- Third party, fire and theft: This type of policy will also replace your vehicle if it is stolen and covers damage due to attempted theft or a fire.
- Comprehensive: This type of policy will also cover any damage to your own vehicle.
Do I need van insurance?
If you are the owner of a van, then you need to have adequate vehicle insurance in place as it is a legal requirement.
The cost of van insurance
There are a number of ways that you can help to reduce the cost of the private van insurance premium that you pay. These include:
- Choose electric or hybrid vehicles: These are generally considered safer by insurers as their engines generally have less power than regular vehicles and their CO2 emissions are also lower.
- Drivers: By only having drivers over the age of 25 with clean records as named drivers on your policy, you are likely to pay less. If you can’t avoid having younger drivers on your policy, you can help to reduce costs by limiting their mileage and only letting them drive during the day.
- Training: Training courses will help to make your drivers aware of hazards and will help to improve other aspects of driving such as fuel efficiency and driving in bad weather.
- Vehicle maintenance: Ensuring that your vehicle is maintained regularly will ensure it stays in good condition and could reduce costs in the long term. This includes checking tyre pressures, brake pads and oil on a daily basis.
- Overnight security: Reduce the risk of theft or damage to your vehicle by installing CCTV in your car park or consider lockable garages or immobilizers.
At HISL Brokers Limited we understand that cost is important to you, but it is crucial to ensure that you are properly protected. With that in mind, we will take the time to understand your specific needs and recommend the amount of cover that is best suited to you.
What else do I need to know about van insurance?
It is important that you keep your van insurance policy updated if you sell your vehicle and buy another, otherwise your cover will be invalid.
It is also important to be aware that if you use your van for business purposes or commuting, then you will need to take out a business van insurance policy instead. Having the wrong insurance in place will mean that you aren’t covered in the event of an accident, so it is important that you consider this when taking out a policy.
How can I get van insurance?
HISL Brokers Limited have a team of specialist advisers ready to help you get the right protection in place for your van.
We will take the time to understand your specific needs and are committed to delivering a completely personalised service, ensuring that you have the best possible cover at the best possible price.
To find out how much peace of mind costs, contact Paul Kerner by calling: (0)20 7220 9020.