Public Entity Insurance

Public entities face considerable challenges each year. Local and central governments, emergency services, social housing providers and more need to control costs, build resilience into the delivery of services and shape strong communities throughout the United Kingdom. 

A robust risk management and insurance programme can help your public entity business to respond quickly, maintain continuity and manage your reputation.

Find out how HISL Brokers Limited can help you to manage any potential risks and protect your staff, customers, buildings and equipment within a comprehensive insurance solution.


Your expert Gateway to the Lloyd's and London Market

Types of insurance cover your public entity business may require

Insurance programmes for public entities would typically include a combination of the following cover:

  • Public liability insurance: Provides protection if your business activities kill or injure a third party (non-employee) or damage their property. As with any business in this industry, accidents can occur at any time and this is a type of insurance that you should certainly consider to ensure that you’re covered against potential claims.
  • Product liability insurance: Provides cover if a product that you supplied, manufactured, adapted or imported has caused damage or injury to people or property.
  • Employers’ liability insurance: This is a compulsory type of insurance for employers, regardless of whether the member of staff is permanent, temporary, volunteer, contractor or freelancer. The minimum level of protection is £5m, which will cover the cost of compensation claims if staff get injured or fall ill as a result of carrying out their required duties.
  • Office insurance: If you store your equipment in your office, this covers internal items including your computer as well as any other expensive items that may be necessary for your work.
  • Business assets and equipment insurance: Provides cover for the assets that your business needs to operate, including furniture and computers.


These are just examples of some of the types of public entities insurance policies that we look after at HISL Brokers Limited

What insurance do I need for my public sector business?

If you are responsible for the running of a public entity of any kind you should consider taking out a tailored insurance programme. The wide variety of risks to both the staff and customers create the need for an insurance solution that provides comprehensive protection.

We know that no two public entities are the same, so speak to us today to find out which policies will best meet your needs.

The cost of public sector insurance

The combined premiums that you will pay for your public entity insurance programme depends on the level of cover that you need and the breadth of risk that your business is exposed to.

It is crucial to ensure that you are properly protected in the event of an incident occurring. With that in mind, at HISL Brokers Limited we will take the time to understand the specific needs of your business and recommend the amount of cover that is best suited to you.

Importantly, we work tirelessly on your behalf to present your business to potential insurers as accurately as possible so that premiums are completely appropriate to your risk exposure.

Insuring your public sector business

HISL Brokers Limited is well placed to provide you with the professional support to review your current insurance programme and assess where you might be at risk from underinsurance, or even paying for excessive cover.

We understand that public entity businesses face unique risks and challenges on a day-to-day basis, and that you need bespoke insurance that works for you and gives you the level of cover that is appropriate to the risks that you face.

Give your business the protection that it deserves today – if you want to find out how much peace of mind costs, contact Paul Kerner by calling: (0)20 7220 9020.